Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– really, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it is worth considering a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and initiative saved since you will not require to routinely see PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major cash with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, owners of canines who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?