Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better general health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several pets that have actually formerly endured some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to say– truly, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question people who assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking movement is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will experiment with other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved since you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying and examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?