Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of real pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that several pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, improved energy as well as– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will experiment with various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as effort saved since you will not need to consistently check out PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving serious money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some wellness issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth assessing and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally get wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?