Ollie Dog Food Ceo
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that several dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the top component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I see any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and damaging a lot even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can also get fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?