Ollie Dog Food Causing Thirsty
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the number one component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a great justification to round off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– truly, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people that declare that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of type of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to regularly see PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, saving major money gradually and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing as well as attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?