Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and much better general health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried about changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any kind of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to regularly see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of canines who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?