Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better overall health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously suffered some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– actually, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional without any progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, boosted power and– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative conserved since you will not need to frequently see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash money gradually and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and trying on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?