Ollie Dog Food Capital Raise
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have formerly experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine folks who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as initiative saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?