Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of real pet protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some stomach problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as initiative saved considering that you will not need to consistently check out PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise imply less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash in time and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog great grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating and trying on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?