Ollie Dog Food Canada
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and far better general wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of pets that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a good reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to state– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals that claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– sometimes– also some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scraping and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort saved considering that you won’t require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some wellness problems and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth examining and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise get superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?