Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and also better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of real animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that many pets that have actually formerly endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– truly, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals who claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching because of allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any type of sort of change in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative saved because you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart and carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash money in time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth evaluating as well as trying on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?