Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and also much better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that many canines that have formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the number one component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always question people who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to begin making use of much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any sort of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching and licking . I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally mean fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining as well as attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?