Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better overall health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine folks who declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general indications of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort saved given that you won’t need to routinely visit PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash in time and possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and also examining on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also obtain wonderful price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?