Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also much better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many canines that have actually formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– truly, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to start using much more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I see any kind of type of change in Remy? I did observe a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some wellness issues and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth evaluating and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can also get fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?