Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, as well as far better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of genuine pet protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that several canines that have actually formerly suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– really, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question folks who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to start making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have born witness discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or observations concerning his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and initiative conserved because you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog excellent grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent component listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing and attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?