Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and also much better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that several pets that have formerly endured some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another with no progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always question individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I discover any sort of change in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge toys
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?