Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and also far better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of actual pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– truly, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of problem toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort conserved given that you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, saving severe cash gradually and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining and trying on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?