Ollie Dog Food Australia
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of actual pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine folks who assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least exploring and trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some health problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and also evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?