Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and much better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that many canines that have actually formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious components.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that declare that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin using much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and scratching a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also initiative saved given that you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash in time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying and trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also get fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?