Ollie Dog Food Anti Trump
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, as well as better general health for their pets.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have actually formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great justification to round off the gelato), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to claim– truly, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people that claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite amazing tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did in the past.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not require to regularly see PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying and also assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?