Ollie Dog Food And Dcm
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Lots of owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question people that claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and effort conserved because you won’t require to routinely see PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash gradually as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may relieve some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?