Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as better general health for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that many pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the number one component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– actually, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to consistently see PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash money in time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can also obtain amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?