Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also better total health for their canines.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have actually formerly suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to state– actually, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I see any type of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves thinking about several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort saved given that you will not require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could additionally indicate less trips to the vet’s office, saving serious cash money over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not need mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog terrific grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth evaluating and trying on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?