Ollie Dog Food Affiliate Program
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as far better overall health for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that many canines that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– really, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not require to routinely check out PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?