Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and also much better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that several pets that have actually previously suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine folks who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort conserved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant cash gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health concerns and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog fantastic grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?