Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also far better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine animal protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous dogs that have formerly suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to say– actually, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and scraping much even more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and effort conserved given that you won’t need to routinely go to PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving severe cash over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth reviewing as well as trying on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise get wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?