Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of actual pet protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine folks that claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you will not require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, saving major money over time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can also obtain amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?