Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better general wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of genuine animal protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that many canines that have actually previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start using extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not quickly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative saved given that you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might likewise suggest less trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe money gradually and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting as well as examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also obtain superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?