Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of real animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does seem that many pets that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to state– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people who declare that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergies, improved power and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t instantly discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking as well as damaging . I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will explore other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative conserved considering that you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can also imply less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious cash with time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?