Ollie Dog Food 60%
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that many dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– truly, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not effectively moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin utilizing much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power as well as– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort saved since you will not need to routinely see PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could also mean less trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for careful handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth reviewing and trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?