Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and also better total wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously endured some tummy concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– truly, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine folks that claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is extremely calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indications of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative saved because you will not need to frequently visit PetSmart and also haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health problems as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can also get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?