Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also much better general health for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine animal protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to another with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to start using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness observing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any kind of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also effort saved considering that you will not require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally suggest fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money in time and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may minimize some health concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not neglect, you can additionally get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?