Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, as well as far better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of real pet protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and initiative conserved because you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can likewise mean fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving significant cash money over time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog great grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, proprietors of pets who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?