Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as better total health for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that several dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations regarding his itching.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also effort conserved given that you won’t require to frequently visit PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could additionally mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and also trying on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?