Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that several dogs that have actually previously suffered some belly problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– really, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine people that declare that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not correctly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just decided to begin making use of extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative saved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major money with time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and also allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog excellent grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and also evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?