Ollie Beef Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that several pets that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine individuals who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I see any kind of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative conserved because you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?