Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to claim– actually, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the large amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I observe any sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t right away see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort saved considering that you will not require to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally mean less trips to the vet’s office, conserving major money in time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing and attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?