Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of genuine animal protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous pet dogs that have previously endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to state– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question folks who assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any type of sort of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not immediately observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and also licking . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of several pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and initiative saved considering that you will not need to consistently visit PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe money over time and possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least attempting as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining and attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be careful– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can also get superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?