Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have previously experienced some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to state– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people that assert that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, boosted energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I see any type of type of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t right away see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging much even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort saved because you won’t require to consistently see PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth evaluating as well as trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?