Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and much better total health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of real animal protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have previously suffered some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to say– really, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question folks who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scratching and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also effort conserved because you won’t need to regularly check out PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some wellness issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you desire to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?