Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, as well as far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that several pets that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– truly, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals who assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin making use of extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergies, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will try out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious money over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health concerns and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a great alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating and attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not forget, you can likewise obtain great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?