Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, as well as much better total health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– truly, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine people who claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as initiative conserved because you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, owners of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can also obtain fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?