Oliver’s Dog Food Uk
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious components.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to state– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine folks that declare that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start utilizing more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I discover any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scraping . I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to routinely see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant money in time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and also assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, and it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?