Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scraping far more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and also initiative saved since you won’t require to regularly see PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise mean less trips to the vet’s office, saving significant cash over time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health and wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog great grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth reviewing and also trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also obtain superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?