Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, as well as much better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that several dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to state– actually, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have testified to seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and effort saved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally imply less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash over time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog great grub.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of canines who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating as well as trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?