Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, as well as better total health for their canines.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of real animal protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have actually formerly experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just chose to start using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I discover any type of type of change in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t right away notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot even more than he did previously.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also initiative saved considering that you will not require to regularly see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious cash money in time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pets who are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and also examining for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?