Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Numerous owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and much better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that many dogs that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– just a good justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– truly, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine people that claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative saved considering that you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog great grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also get amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?