Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and also much better total health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of real animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that several pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a great excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– truly, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks who claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have testified to observing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic indications of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and scratching . I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you won’t need to regularly check out PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can also imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money in time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?