Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and far better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that several pets that have previously experienced some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant space for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– really, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another without any progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people who declare that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations regarding his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will try out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining and also attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?