Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as far better total wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals that claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of challenge toys, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to begin utilizing much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I notice any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not quickly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
However– it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to consistently see PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving major cash in time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog wonderful grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent component listing. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting as well as examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally get superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?